Taking the time to develop exceptional customer relationships is the most underutilized activity in business. Perfect service delivery without a great relationship leaves a person wanting…something. I recently read an insightful article on this topic. So much of what’s covered in it, we’re doing at Rising.
Here are a few key points from the article:
- Be responsive. Your customers’ urgency must become your urgency.
- Be consultative. Gently challenge, make informed suggestions and provide options.
- Keep it simple. Skip the jargon and sell the results.
- Take an interest in the person; make it personal.
- Keep your customer informed; nobody likes to be in the dark.
- Be willing to go the extra mile; give customers more than they expect.
- Follow up to check the customer’s level of satisfaction … it’s never over.
Bringing value to your daily customer interactions is the key to creating lasting business relationships.