Thanks for your interest in Rising’s Work Comp Benchmarking Study. Please use the links below to download your Report copy(s).
If you just completed the “Request Study Report” form, an email with your download links has also been sent for your records.
- 2020 Study Report | quantitative, survey research — coming in late 2020, report will be emailed upon publication
- 2019 Study Report | quantitative, survey research
- 2018 Study Report | qualitative, focus group research
- 2017 Study Report | quantitative, survey research
- 2016 Study Report | quantitative, survey research
- 2015 Study Report | qualitative, focus group research
- 2014 Study Report | quantitative, survey research
- 2013 Study Report | quantitative, survey research
As you will see, the quantitative Reports are particularly robust. To help you with navigation, all the Reports’ table of contents and appendix references include hyperlinks to the various sections.
To augment your Report(s), below are webinar presentations that further explore study findings.
- 2019 Study Webinar | Comparing Claims Leaders & Frontline Staff Perspectives
- 2018 Study Webinar | Advancing Medical Management
- 2017 Study Webinar | Insurtech & Talent Crisis Crossroads: How successful claims operations maximize next generation technology and talent
- 2016 Study Webinar | Employing Data-Backed Claims Differentiators
- 2015 Study Webinar | The Upside of the Claims Talent Crisis — A Roadmap Forward
- 2014 Study Webinar | Data at Work: Putting Study Results Into Practice
- 2013 Study Webinar | Overcoming Claims Operational Challenges
SUPPLEMENTAL WHITE PAPERS:
The study group also publishes white papers and articles from time to time that dig deeper into various study findings.
- How to Close the Claims Performance Gap | Top 3 Findings in 5 Years of the Workers’ Comp Benchmark Study
- Do “10,000 Hours” Make a Great Claims Professional? | How Claims Teams Can Achieve Peak Performance
- How to Overcome Psychosocial Roadblocks | Claims Advocacy’s Biggest Opportunity
- The Power of Claims Advocacy | Thriving in an On-Demand Economy
We hope this information serves you and your organization, and we look forward to any feedback you have.
Rachel Fikes, Chief Experience Officer & Study Program Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 312.224.5893