OCT 30, 2014 | RISK & INSURANCE FEATURE WEBINAR
Moderator: Dan Reynolds, Editor-in-Chief, Risk & Insurance
- Denise Algire, Director, Managed Care & Disability, Corporate Risk, Albertsons Safeway Inc.
- Mark Walls, VP Communications & Strategic Analysis, Safety National
- Richard Cangiolosi, VP, Western Region, Cannon Cochran Management Services Inc. (CCMSI)
- Anne Kirby, Chief Compliance Officer & VP of Medical Review Services, Rising Medical Solutions
Survey responses from more than 660 claims leaders trace progress and outline challenges in four key areas of workers’ compensation claims management. Rather than provide a rearview snapshot of industry conditions from years past, the study, directed and published by Rising Medical Solutions, is a present-day view of current industry issues and opportunities.
Building on the study’s 2013 data, the 2014 results profile a claims management profession that is highly dependent on technology and talent, yet is struggling with how best to bring technology to bear successfully in key areas such as adjuster efficiency, driving performance, measuring medical outcomes and closing claims.
A panel of the study’s architects will provide expert guidance on the complex challenges that face the industry today, including:
- Creating processes for measuring provider and vendor performance and identifying the tools successful organizations use to improve these areas of scrutiny.
- Tackling industry consolidation and its impact on the ability of claims organizations to integrate systems while still meeting the core goal of healing injured workers and returning them to a productive existence.
- Quantifying the Affordable Care Act’s early impact on claims organizations and recommending strategies for mitigating its effect.
- Detailing how investment constraints in the areas of training, technology and risk/reward models are affecting adjuster performance and key metrics like claims closure ratio and case loads.