Best Strategies to Advance Medical Management
January 29, 2019 – Chicago, IL – Experts from Rising’s sixth annual Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study will share 2018 research results in an upcoming webinar. The discussion will focus on solutions for a key dilemma that threatens effective claims management and organizational viability year after year – ever-escalating medical costs. Entitled “Advancing Medical Management,” this free webinar will take place on Thursday, February 14, 2019, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST.
Claims and medical leaders who participated in focus group research for the 2018 Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study produced answers to this persistent challenge that’s dominated every benchmarking study since its inception – how can claims payers use limited resources to achieve the best medical outcomes for employees while simultaneously responsibly and ethically govern growing medical costs?
In this one-hour webinar, study experts will give context to the numerous strategies recommended in the 2018 Study Report to help organizations surmount unacceptably high medical costs and improve injury recovery results.
Moderated by Risk & Insurance® Editor-In-Chief Dan Reynolds, the webinar will feature:
- Denise Algire, Director of Risk Initiatives & National Medical Director, Albertsons Companies
- Brian Trick, Senior Claims Manager, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- Marcos Iglesias, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President, Broadspire
- Anne Kirby, Chief Compliance Officer & Vice President of Care Management, Rising Medical Solutions
The expert panel will focus on:
- Using a Triple Aim model to improve claim outcomes
- Incorporating employee wellness and patient-centered outcomes, such as quality of life during and after treatment
- Reducing / eliminating frictional delays in traditional claims practices
- Examining the option of employee self-reporting of claims
- Utilizing universal provider scorecards and publishing results (e.g. Texas Department of Insurance model)
- Leveraging data and advanced technology solutions to predict and proactively manage claim risk factors, including comorbidities
Webinar registration is required and space is limited. Registrants will receive a complimentary copy of the 2018 Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study Report.
About the Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study
The Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study is a national research program examining the complex forces impacting claims management in workers’ compensation today. The study’s mission is to advance claims management in the industry by providing quantitative and qualitative research that identifies what high performing claims payers are doing differently than their peers. Through surveys and interviews with claims leaders nationwide, the program generates actionable data for claims organizations to evaluate their priorities, challenges, and strategies. Conceived and directed by Rising Medical Solutions, the ongoing program is a collaboration of industry executives representing diverse organizational perspectives, including the Study’s Principal Researcher and Advisory Council.
About Rising Medical Solutions
Rising Medical Solutions is a national medical-financial solutions firm that provides medical cost containment and medical care management services to the workers’ compensation, auto, liability, and group health markets.