How High-Performing Claims Organizations Maximize Next Generation Technology & Talent
January 17, 2018 – Chicago, IL – Experts from Rising Medical Solutions’ fifth annual Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study will share 2017 results in an upcoming webinar. Entitled “Insurtech & Talent Crisis Crossroads: How successful claims operations maximize next generation technology and talent,” this free webinar will be held on Thursday, February 1, 2018, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST.
Industry narratives about Insurtech’s disruption as well as the claims talent crisis are so constant that they might numb any sense of urgency via alarm fatigue. But these game changers are real and organizations that ignore them risk performance failure.
Herein lies an opportunity. Younger workers are attracted to jobs that fulfill their need for social justice and compassion. They also arrive tech ready, which dovetails neatly with the workers’ compensation sector’s need for claims adjusters who are primarily advocates for injured workers and who are equipped to marshal artificial intelligence and predictive analytics — dubbed Insurtech — to produce better claims outcomes.
Thus, how to recruit and train tech-ready talent and refit claims organizations to satisfy the younger workers’ need to make a positive impact on their society is a challenge facing every payer’s claims leadership.
In this one-hour webinar, 2017 study experts will discuss how high-performance claims organizations are deftly navigating, and even maximizing, this crossroads of Insurtech and the talent recruitment/retention shortage.
Moderated by Risk & Insurance® Editor-In-Chief Dan Reynolds, the webinar will feature:
- Scott Emery, Senior Director of Claims for Workers Compensation, Markel Corporation
- Denise Algire, Director of Risk Initiatives & National Medical Director, Albertsons Companies
- Barry Bloom, Principal, The bdb Group
- Jason Beans, Chief Executive Officer, Rising Medical Solutions
The expert panel will focus on:
- Challenges and opportunities Insurtech presents for claims adjusters and how high-performance organizations are using best practices to ensure and propel results.
- How claims talent recruitment and desirable skills are changing right in front of our eyes.
- Using scenario-based learning and other tools to advance advocacy-based claims management techniques.
- How to sell organizational leadership on the vital importance of devoting more resources, not less, to claims management training and competency monitoring.
Webinar registration is required and space is limited. Registrants will receive complimentary copies of the 2017 Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study Report and the study white paper, “Do 10,000 Hours Make a Great Claims Professional?”
About Rising Medical Solutions
Rising Medical Solutions is a national medical-financial solutions firm that provides medical cost containment and medical care management services to the workers’ compensation, auto, liability, and group health markets. Rising also directs and publishes the annual Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study, a national research program examining the complex forces impacting claims management in workers’ compensation today.