Work Comp Benchmark Study Releases Annual 2018 Report on Advancing Medical Management | Dec 2018

December 18, 2018 – Chicago, IL – Since the Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study launched in 2013, claims leaders have consistently ranked medical management as the core competency most critical to claim outcomes. With medical costs representing more than 60 percent of claims costs in many jurisdictions, the study’s Advisory Council recommended the 2018 study further investigate how high performing claims payers are surmounting this top industry challenge.

Read More

Work Comp Benchmark Study: Top 3 Ways to Close the Claims Performance Gap | Aug 2018

Study results indicates only 24 percent of claims organizations are high performers, so how do the other 76 percent catch up?   This short report – “How to Close the Claims Performance Gap: Top 3 Findings in 5 Years of the Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study” –  condenses the study’s multi-year benchmarking data into the top three practices claims organizations should adopt to join their more successful peers, or risk falling further behind.  >> Five minutes to read.

Read Full White Paper

Rising Extends Payer Technology Hub with Enhanced Official Disability Guidelines™ Analytics | Jun 2018

Chicago, IL – June 19, 2018 – Rising Medical Solutions, a longtime MCG Health Company partner, is now rolling out MCG’s powerful Official Disability Guidelines™ (ODG) analytics directly to customer users. Rising’s latest enhancement to its client web portal, VISION™, provides users with single sign-on access to ODG’s robust claims scoring capabilities, enabling claims professionals

Read More

Predictive Analytics Making Inroads Outside of Underwriting featuring Rising’s Work Comp Benchmark Study | Work Comp Central | Apr 2018

A new A.M. Best survey demonstrates a growing number of workers’ comp insurers are fighting back against rising injury severity by using predictive analytics to lower claim and fraud costs. Rising’s 2017 Workers’ Comp Benchmarking Study was cited in support of A.M. Best’s findings, with our own survey data showing increased adoption of predictive analytics among claims organizations in the past three years.

Read Full Article on Work Comp Central (subscription required)

Rising Appoints New C-Suite Executives to Impact Customer Experience | Jan 2018

Chicago, IL – January 30, 2018 – Two members of Rising Medical Solutions’ executive leadership team have assumed new, elevated positions as the company enhances its customer experience practice. Vice President of Product Design and Development, David Huth, has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Timothy

Read More